Saturday, July 15, 2006

Bike problems

Woke up this morning and did a 1:50 ride, my first road ride of the week. Rode to Mt Faber and went up 3 times.
I've been feeling really tired this week.....maybe it's the heat, or even the daily commute to school. if you add up the distance, that is another 20-25k added to my cycling mileage weekly. I try to ride easy, pedalling easy most of the way, but there are sections where I really have to pick up speed and that really works up a sweat in me.
Funny how time flies....it's almost four years since I've had the Giant. Today, it's age showed when the cable that is attached to the ergopower levers snapped. Must have been due to the heavy duty shifting loads on Faber. Luckily, I had already finished my climbing repeats, otherwide it would have been quite an effort going up with limited gears. Then my seat post binder bolt broke while I was tightening it.
I cannot imagine what it would be like if this happened in the middle of an Ironman.

No comments: