Over the years, I have forgotten what it takes to train myself to be fit and I have splurged money on expensive bikes and components to buy speed and make up for my laziness.
Today, I had to opportunity to ride with a guy who has represented Great Britain in triathlon as an elite. He was riding a Giant TCR which is considered a piece of crap by most Singaporean athletes. What groupset was he using? Shimano Ultegra. And his bike does not even have any aerobars on. There was nothing flashy or extravagant about his bike, just functional and dependable components.Yet he was easily the strongest guy during the Tribob bike-run session. It was really an honour sharing the workout with him.
Seeing the way he pedalled and ran was a big reminder for me that having expensive bike and wheels in the world will do me no good if my engine is weak. I have to go back to focussed, consistent and smart training if I want to achieve my triathlon goals once more.
Last week's training had been good......except for maybe the bike.....really need to ride more!!
totals(km)
swim: 7
bike: 105+24(commute)
run: 41
Sunday, August 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
yo! hi Mr NG!!!!! Jarllanz here!!! Nice talk on today's assembly! Hope you are doing fine this year! well maybe u can link me at jarllanz.blogspot.com!!!!
thanks alot!
Hi jarllanz and desmond, thanks for your well wishes.
Hope you have an enjoyable holidays ahead :)
Post a Comment