Sunday, June 14, 2009

A breather....finally!!

I found this photo while looking for my educational certs recently. Can't believe how fast time has passed......it's been 17 years since this was taken!!! Shown here are me and my buddies from the graduating batch of VS Arrow Scout Troop 1992 on an outing to Sentosa. Seems like back then, I had quite a lot more hair than now!! :) This photo definitely brought back a lot of happy memories of my time in VS!

I am now finally enjoying my long deserved June holiday break. It has been a tough slog since April...setting exam papers and then marking them. My workload is definitely much heavier this year, and I am sad to say that at times, I have been going about my work with the least positive of attitudes!:( I also have this tendency to want to compare myself with others, and when I see others doing less than me, it makes me even more depressed. I really need to get myself out of this rut and just focus on doing the best I can in the circumstances that I am in. I think that the illustration that was in my earlier post was a good reminder for me; that no matter whatever hardship I find myself in, God has a purpose for putting me in that situation. And honestly, when I look back at the most challenging times of my life, I can now understand a bit why God put me through them.

And as usual, holidays is a time for me to train a lot!!:) I think I rode like 270k, ran 30k and swam 6k this week!! Now that is about 14 to 15 hrs this week!......something I have not done for a long, long time! I am pretty inspired by my buddy who is going to do Ironman Japan next week.......seeing him get all fit and ready for the race has re-ignited the fire within me to want to do another ironman again! Plus, I have signed up Port Dickson tri and Desaru half. If I dun want to turn my races, especially the one in Desaru, into a suffer fest, then I better do the training and get myself into some decent shape!

2 comments:

Xinyi said...

haha *_* The pic is such a long time back.
I guess it's a natural instinct to feel that way sometimes..esp.when u're diligently working:)yet others are slacking):As long as u've done ur best,u'll feel satisfied.
Take care of ur body responses during ur trg.Hope u & Emily enjoy ur hard-earned hols!!

airworm said...

Haha I also just found this picture during a clean up..
When are u coming to facebook? Quite a number of the faces in the picture are on facebook!