Saturday, April 10, 2010

Applying the lessons

I have always prided myself on being an athlete. Being fit has given me the ability to handle the physical challenges of daily living and working. I am generally more upbeat at the end of the working day than my peers; perhaps it is because I know it is almost time for my workout fix:). Being fit has also allowed me to teach with more gusto, which may mean the difference between a student paying attention rather than falling asleep in class. 

However, I have let myself be beaten down by the stresses of working life lately. I should have handled the stress better, but I din. Mentally, I was weak. The lessons that I learnt in sports were not transferred to real life application.

Life can be quite overwhelming at times. I really need to treat it like a long distance race and rely on God for strength, which I have not been doing.


3 comments:

Yanyee, 5N2(A) said...

Mr Ng! What you've taught in the lessons, what you've applied, all i've absorb. We'll worked hard together to fight O levels okay? You willing to ' put yourself through the pain & suffering ' ? :)

Lawrence Ng said...

thanks sister:)

Yanyee said...

brother:)