Sunday, January 02, 2011

MR25 10k 2011


Data from this morning's 10k. It was definitely a hard workout for me! Time is not fantastic, but I got to start somewhere right?

One of my resolutions for the year is that I want to get back into shape.......racing shape. I think I have let the slide carry on for way too long. I have often asked myself, "What is it that I really want? What is it that makes me really happy?" The answer always comes back to being fit, being able to use my body to move long distances and being close to nature. The other day, someone asked me how long I intend to keep doing all these. My answer was "as long as I am able to!" Barring injury or illness, I really hope to do endurance sports as long as I live.

To help me attain my athletic goals, I have decided to rejoin Tribob. I find that as I become older, it gets more and more difficult to get out of bed in the early morning to do my workouts. There were so many times this year I missed workouts because the idea of sleeping in was just too good to resist! I hope that going back to a group environment for some of my workouts will add some variety to training, which can become quite monotonous after a while!

Racing and adventure schedule for first half of the year.
Jan-  MR25 10k
Feb- 5K TT(6)
Mar- MR25 15k(6), Aviva 70.3(20), cycling tt(28?)
Apr- Tribob duathlon(3), inter-school aquathlon(14), Kapas Marang swim(24)
May- tribob sprint(1), bintan(21)



No comments: