My racing season has come to a premature end. Over the weekend, I realised that my knee clicked whenever I tried to straighten it. It occurs at the 170-180 degress full extension. There is absolutely no pain or swelling; in fact I have been riding biking to and from school, went swimming yesterday, did some light weights just now, and I was not bothered by any clicking. The clicking occurs when I sit down or lie down and try to straighten my leg, then it becomes obvious.
I feel that any clicking is not normal. A search on the internet related knee clicking to injuries like ACL or meniscus tear. But symptoms for these injuries include swelling and pain as well, which I am not experiencing. I also read that a possible cause might be muscle imbalances in the quads, which is causing the patella to be pulled off course, hence the clicking. I think this might be the one. I have complained of slight pain in the achilles area since June, and this subtle shifting of weight when I run might have caused overloading of some muscle groups or change in stride mechanics.
Well, I am going to stop all the guesswork. I have already made an appointment to see a physiotherapist. He is still going to guess what is happening, but at least it will be an educated guess!! Just hope everything turns out fine!
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment