Last week, Desmond and myself went to the pool to do some videoing of our swimming. Previously, we were able to take only above water shots of ourselves and rely on each other to point out our errors underwater. For a long time, I have been wanting to see how I swim and this is finally made possible due to the purchase of the Olmympus 850SW camera.
I was just too fast for des! He could only catch my legs the first half of the swim.
Well, kicking is weak. Although this is just relaxed swimming, and I am kicking just for balance, but it will be good to work on getting some power into those kicks!
Butt position is a bit low. I should be aiming to swim "flat" on the surface to minimize drag. There is body rotation from side to side which is good as power is generated from the core and lats are activated. Need to work on getting the "catch" right, cannot see high elbows at all
Caiught a bit of my left arm going too wide here. My right arm seems to pull straight down and crosses midline of body.
Yes, the midline crossing by the right arm is very obvious. What is my hand doing??
------------------------------
This is how it should look like!
Wednesday, October 01, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment