




Pics were from last week's Trifam race. Hey! I think I am getting fat!! :( Must cut down on my yogurt drinks!! Anyway, the race was just plain suffering all the way.......I was not able to catch a draft on the swim:(, and as usual, I got out of the water feeling breathless! I got on the bike and just could not redline the way I want it to. This was the first time I was doing a tri on the Planet X and I was feeling really uncomfortable where my "crown jewels" are! I could not sit on the tip of the saddle like I normally do. I look really horrible in the bike pics:( Run was ok....at least the knee did not bother me. :)
------------------------------------------
I am happy with my racing at the Tribob sprint today :) The water at Changi was nice and relatively clear. I had a good swim ....at least I didn't end up in no man's land swimming by myself...... was able to catch a draft the whole way, and that helped save some energy for the bike and run.
After last week's race, I adjusted my bike position a little; lowered the seat lower by 2mm, and the bars by 5mm. But I have come to the realization that I cannot ride in too low aero a position cos I become very uncomfortable; neck and shoulder gets strained. So after yesterday's ride, I swapped back to the original bar position. I also decided to race in swim trunks instead and put on my de soto seat cover to provide some cushioning for my "crown jewels". All those changes helped tremendously because I felt really good and comfortable in the aero position today!!:)
I got off the bike in a good position and was running steady. In fact, I was even trying to close the gap with the group in front of me! But into the last km, I felt a pain in my left calf. It was really painful everytime I tried to push off, so I had to really slow it down all the way to the finish.
I am happy with my racing at the Tribob sprint today :) The water at Changi was nice and relatively clear. I had a good swim ....at least I didn't end up in no man's land swimming by myself...... was able to catch a draft the whole way, and that helped save some energy for the bike and run.
After last week's race, I adjusted my bike position a little; lowered the seat lower by 2mm, and the bars by 5mm. But I have come to the realization that I cannot ride in too low aero a position cos I become very uncomfortable; neck and shoulder gets strained. So after yesterday's ride, I swapped back to the original bar position. I also decided to race in swim trunks instead and put on my de soto seat cover to provide some cushioning for my "crown jewels". All those changes helped tremendously because I felt really good and comfortable in the aero position today!!:)
I got off the bike in a good position and was running steady. In fact, I was even trying to close the gap with the group in front of me! But into the last km, I felt a pain in my left calf. It was really painful everytime I tried to push off, so I had to really slow it down all the way to the finish.
Other than that mishap at the end of the run, I really enjoyed myself at the race today. Next up.......Bintan Tri! :)

















1 comment:
Emily is also training her muscles with u haha:D Iron-lady~.~
Post a Comment