Monday, February 07, 2011
19:59
That's my time from the official results slip of today's MR25 5k Time Trial:) Just one second under the 20 min mark. My goal at the start of the run was to go under 20, well, I got it....just barely:) I am pretty happy with the time, cos all I have been doing is just LSD and some steady-paced running. My legs have been feeling fine so far, and I intend to ramp up the training a bit the next couple of weeks. It's been a while since I did the TT, and it is one of my favourite events for a few reasons. It is free. The field is small ~50. I can bike from home and hit the start line 10 mins before the race and register on the spot. And more importantly, I get one hell of a tough workout in!:) This is something I will definitely not consider doing unless I am fit; I was basically redlining it most of the way today, just look at the ave HR!
Time flies isn't it. It's already February, the CNY celebrations have come and gone, and I am only slightly more than a month out from 70.3 Singapore, 6 weeks to be precise.
Things I need to do:
1. Start doing bricks
2. Start doing intervals for swimming
3. Get back on the tribike! Quickly get the new aerobars set up and get used to them!
4. Swim more often in the sea
5. Join the Anza guys for their bike-run or swim-run workout
6. Get new tri wear......unless I still want to race in trunks
7. Practice race nutrition
8. Get new racing shoes?
Proposed schedule for this week
Mon: swim 10x100, bike easy, try out new bike:)
Tues: am: swim, pm: run hills / or pm: swim at BV and hills at Caldecott:)
Wed: bike mandai
Thurs: Long run - 15k
Fri: long swim - 1800m
Sat: fast changi/kranji, tribike, ride off the back+4k transition run
Sun: am: bike hills, pm: anza swim-run?
seems like quite a lot....we'll see how it goes:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment