Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Lawrence and Emily



Today, 12/03/08, is our third wedding anniversary.

Above is the video I played during my wedding. I had initially loaded the video onto my laptop and wanted to show it to the classes on Valentine's Day, but I was never able to get it to run properly. So I have posted it on Youtube for my classes to see.

I can never get tired of watching this video. Maybe it is because I conceptualized the whole thing myself; from shooting Emily, picking the photos, editting the video to selecting the right music to go along with it. I immensely enjoy looking at the montage of photos at the later part of the video......helps me relish the growing up years and our courtship days.

Recently, Emily and myself attended the Marriage Enrichment Retreat organised by my church. We spent a weekend at the Changi Village Hotel (formerly Meridien Changi)together with around 40 other couples. I found the retreat very useful as it allowed emily and myself to reconnect and look at our marriage from a christian angle again.

We've had our fair share of fights the last few years and sometimes, this can be very draining and will take its toll on a marriage. I was reminded during the retreat that God had put the both of us in each others' lives so that we can help each other. Many a time, in my haste to help Emily, I have been impatient towards her and that only makes things worse. I will need to change my approach as I have found out....men and women are really wired differently :) While watching a movie during the retreat, I was also reminded that Emily has chosen me out of all the guys that she knew......and this is something that I must always cherish.

Well, since the retreat, the both of us have commited ourselves to praying before we sleep every night. I really hope that we will keep this up as nothing beats coming to God with all our triumphs, failures and fears after a long day at work.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lawrence & Emily(more informal=)i think),really appreciate tis video...Wooh~so sweet & loving...Happy wedding anniversary!!!Cheers!!
Warmest wishes,
Xinyi=)

Anonymous said...

nice video mr ng :) happy anniversary!!!!

Anonymous said...

Nice video mr ng^^
U let us see it b4 already..
I'm Hazel from 1E1.

Anonymous said...

Hello Mr Ng! :D

Heard my name before? But sadly, I'm not your student. :D

Haha. Take a look at my blog yea? :D

Anonymous said...

Hi Mr.Ng! Nice Wedding video you had(though I had seen it before) Haha! Yeah, do put in effort in the commitment of praying before you go to bed! Haha! :P

Anonymous said...

Mr Ng can unless reply comments:P??