It was good to be in the water today:)
Hi everyone,
I managed to swim in a pool today. Although there is a pool at the Travelodge that I am staying at, it is a miserable, tiny pool that I probably can reach the opposite end with just 3 strokes. This morning, I woke up real early at 6:20am and went with my course mates, Justin and Brad to a pool that was 5 minutes drive away from the hotel. It was not a very big pool, just 25m long, but I managed to get a workout in. The first few laps felt fine, the water was warm; it was a heated pool. But then my arms just started getting heavy and the breathing became laboured. I guess it is due to the altitude and the fact that I have not swum since I left Singapore. I took it easy; alternated between swimming laps and doing drills. Still, I managed about 50 minutes in the water.
As I rested in between some laps, I looked over two lanes to my right and there was Justin doing his own workout. Justin is a professional triathlete who just did a 8:40 at Ironman Florida. In the short time that I have known him, I think that he is a very disciplined athlete. In fact, almost every day during lunch, when I would be pigging out at Saigon Stars Restaurant, he would be running out on the trails behind the bike school. He is so unassuming that if you did not probe him, you will never ever know that he is a triathlete, and one of the best in the world! Very unlike some of the Singaporean athletes that I have come across. Certainly a good role model for me.
Keep reading.....more to come
No comments:
Post a Comment